top of page

SMR Prayer Group

Public·3646 friends

Psalm 18:1-2

‘I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength in whom I will trust;

my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.’

Don't Tell Anyone

Seems like you can’t have a conversation these days without someone starting with, “Now, don’t tell anyone,” and then they proceed to tell you some juicy piece of gossip, ending with, “now, keep this between us ok?” And of course, the first person you run into - hears the whole story, but you’re careful to give the same admonition to “keep it quiet.” Some feel more justified in sharing the forbidden information as long as they “only” tell someone who they are close to and are quite sure would keep their confidence. And then there are others who wouldn’t dream of breaking their word but have no problem, giving “hints” so that their most trusted friend can “figure it out,” without them having to actually come right out and verbalize the secret knowledge. But no matter how you rationalize it in your own mind - it won’t make it right in God’s eyes. If you promise not to tell anyone - then God expects you to keep your word. Doing otherwise quite simply - is a lie, and it is breaking one of the ten commandments found in Exodus 20:16, “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.” The next time someone says, “Don’t tell anyone,” - stop and ask yourself: “Is this a promise I can keep?” Text: Psalm 34:13, 1 Peter 4:15, Proverbs 12:22, Proverbs 10:20, Psalm 41:12

© Brenda Walsh Ministries www.brendawalsh.com

Brenda Haberland
slt630
Jan
Betty Ross
rollsroyce1966
rollsroyce1966
30 may 2023

I have people who can and will confide in me. And it's between us & God it goes no further. Those that can't hold water can't be trusted.

Me gusta

About

Welcome to the group! You can request prayers, and share spi...
bottom of page