top of page

SMR Prayer Group

Public·3646 friends

Mind Control

If you allow your mind to think about life in a negative way, your world will seem dark and dismal, and it will rob you of all happiness and joy. Your mind is a powerful weapon that can be used for good or for evil. That’s why the Bible tells us in Proverbs 4:23, “Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.” Being positive is a choice. You can see a glass half full of water or half empty. It’s all in the way you think about it. Negative people tend to be critical of others and always blame someone else for their misery. This journey here on earth will no doubt have challenges, ups and downs, and difficult times, but how you deal with your trials says a lot about your character. Choose to cling to Jesus in all situations - good or bad. Your thoughts are so powerful that they can control your actions, your emotions, and your spirituality, and, yes, rob you of peace and happiness. The quality of your thoughts will determine the quality of your life. If you tell yourself you will fail, then guess what, you will fail. If you tell yourself you can, then you will! Never underestimate the mighty influence of the mind - if you truly understood its power, you would never allow yourself to think another negative thought. Negativity will take you down a path of depression, sadness, and heartache, and will leave you spiritually dead. When life throws you a curveball you didn’t see coming, immediately give it to Jesus! Make Philippians 4:13 your “go to” text by claiming God’s promise: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” The Bible tells us in Colossians 3:2, “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” Whatever challenge or trial you face - give it to Jesus, then show your trust in Him by keeping a positive attitude.

Text:

Philippians 4:8-9,

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me-practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:8-9, ESV)

Proverbs 4:23,

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. (Proverbs 4:23, ESV)

Isaiah 26:3-4,

3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26:3-4, ESV)

Psalm 94:18-19

18 When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up.

19 When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. (Psalms 94:18-19, ESV)

© Brenda Walsh Ministries www.brendawalsh.com

R G
Ms.Lisa Garlie
Tamara Yrigoyen
Debbie Moretti
Tina Treish
Sep 09, 2023

❤️

About

Welcome to the group! You can request prayers, and share spi...
bottom of page