top of page

SMR Prayer Group

Public·3646 friends

Really Bad Day

Everyone has a “bad day” every now and then. There will be times when you’re on top of the world and things are going great. Then all of a sudden, one phone call and your whole world falls apart. Dreams shattered, friendships destroyed, marriages broken, jobs lost, or a hundred other possible catastrophes. Even if the ones you love most in life pass away, don’t lose hope. No matter what, God is there for you, so trust in Him always! Many times people blame God and get angry whenever things go wrong, but it’s not God’s fault. He doesn’t rejoice if you’re having a bad day - He wants to help you. The Bible says in Psalm 34:17, “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.” When you feel like you have nothing left to live for, cling to Jesus. When life gets dark and dreary, remember that Jesus is your light, your strength, your everything. Stay close to Him and don’t let go. Deuteronomy 33:27 tells us, “The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting arms are under you.” Pray for God’s power and courage and then put into motion the “four Rs” - Re-Set, Re-Adjust, Re-Start, and Re-Focus . . . as many times as you need to - just don’t quit. And don’t waste another moment worrying about the things that you have no control over. Remember this: when you’re having a really bad day, even in the most horrific circumstances, turn your eyes away from your painful situation and look to Jesus - for His light always shines.

Text:

Psalm 9:9-10,

9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

10 And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. (Psalms 9:9-10, ESV)

1 Peter 5:6-11,

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

11 To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 5:6-11, ESV)

Jeremiah 29:11-14,

11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.

13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

14 I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile. (Jeremiah 29:11-14, ESV)

Philippians 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.

5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me-practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:4-9, ESV)

© Brenda Walsh Ministries www.brendawalsh.com

Tamara Yrigoyen
١٣ سبتمبر ٢٠٢٣

❤️🙏❤️🙏

إعجاب

About

Welcome to the group! You can request prayers, and share spi...
bottom of page