top of page

SMR Prayer Group

Public·3650 friends

Jeremiah 29:12-13

“Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Strength to Overcome

God never said that doing the right thing would be easy breezy. The truth is, sometimes the hardest thing and the “right” thing are one in the same. But just because it may be difficult is not a reason to ignore what’s right and pleasing in God’s sight. The Bible tells us in James 4:17, “Anyone, then, who knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, commits sin.” It really can’t get any plainer than that! God is a holy God and He wants us to be like Him. Some may say that’s impossible, but that’s not what the Bible says. In 1 Corinthians 10:13 we’re told, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” God has promised to give His children the power to overcome sin, so it is possible to live a godly life. It all comes down to you and your choices. You cannot serve both God and Satan. Matthew 6:24 clearly states, “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other.” Making the decision to do the “right” thing is a true test of your moral character. Ask God for His strength to overcome whatever sin you are struggling with and to impress you to make good decisions. Choose to do the right thing even if it’s something small that you might be tempted to compromise on . . . because God is watching! He knows what you’re thinking AND what you are doing. When you get in the habit of making the right decisions, it will become easier and easier to hear God’s voice, whispering in your ear what the right thing to do is. Whenever a difficult situation comes along, and the devil is tempting you to “go for it,” call out for Holy Spirit power and strength to overcome the temptation and you will claim the victory in Jesus! Text: James 1:14-15, 2 Corinthians 10:4, Galatians 5:16-17, Romans 6:11-12

© Brenda Walsh Ministries www.brendawalsh.com

Brenda Haberland
Kirsty Brown
Stacey Wright
Sharon Powers
Sharon Powers
Jun 11, 2023

Amen

About

Welcome to the group! You can request prayers, and share spi...

Friends

© Smooth Moves Ranch and Smooth Moves Ranch Equine Assisted Therapy

Smooth Moves Ranch is a family ranch offering Paso Fino Horses. For More information click the green contact us button and send us a message

Address

PO Box 485

Byhalia, Mississippi 38611

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • TikTok

Equine Award Winner

Gallagher_s_Water_-_Website_Logo_410x.webp
bottom of page